Fundraising with the Coalition - Seeking Volunteers
CCGHC is currently seeking community builders with fundraising & communications experience to join our volunteer committee. As an organization committed to an environmentally sustainable, climate resilient, net zero Canadian health system we want to build capabilities and capacity in individuals and organizations to enable the development of green health policies and practices.
We are actively recruiting members with a diversity of interests and experiences to join our new fundraising sub-committee of the CCGHC board launching in Fall 2023.
If you want to support hospitals, health care facilities and the people who work there to protect the environment and face climate change, the fundraising committee might be the right fit for you. This is the first time CCGHC has had volunteers dedicated to fundraising in our 23 year history. There is a lot of room for people to bring their interest and skills to the table and shape what might come next for CCGHC.
In the first 12 months the committee will;
- Develop a fundraising and communication strategy to recommend to the Board that builds sector wide support and increases operational resources for CCGHC not-for-profit activities.
- Support the planning, coordination and implementation of fundraising and communication activities.
We are looking for a diversity of volunteers from public and private sectors who have, or want to learn, some or all of these skills;
- A strong interest in effectively connecting and communicating with people,
- A strong network and community builder who enjoys cultivating relationships,
- Ability to contribute to the development of communication tools and tactics that support fundraising,
- Help identify donors, sponsors and philanthropic channels that might contribute to CCGHC,
- When appropriate, participate in face-to-face meetings with prospective donors to encourage support for CCGHC,
- Oversee fundraising events to ensure they are carried out in accordance with the Fundraising and Communications Strategy,
- Experience securing gifts through a variety of methods is highly desirable.
The committee will meet year round as required.
Please contact Kady Cowan, founding board chair and life-time member of the Coalition, for more information - kadycowan[at]gmail.com