Why Support Green Health Care?
In Canada, health care products and services contribute over 10% to our gross domestic product and employ close to two million people. Spending on health care in 2007 was estimated at over $160 billion. It is the single largest budget item within each Canadian province and territory. Health care sector activities result in the generation and disposal of large quantities of waste and use of great quantities of resources such as electricity, natural gas, water and chemicals. The link between health and quality of our environment is now well proven. Greening the health care sector is having a significantly positive impact on the lives and well being of all Canadians, ensures the health of our communities and helps protect our environment for future generations.
What is the Canadian Coalition for Green Health Care?
The Canadian Coalition for Green Health Care is an alliance of committed Canadian health service organisations, associations and environmentally-focused businesses that promotes the adoption of environmentally-friendly and sustainable health care service delivery to complement the compassionate delivery of health care. We are a membership-based nationally incorporated not-for-profit organisation.
Membership in the Canadian Coalition for Green Health Care helps individuals, health care organisations, government and businesses reduce health care’s environmental impact.
As a member, you’ll share in the Coalition’s wealth of knowledge, learn about exciting educational opportunities, and help us promote environmentally responsible health care in your facility or organisation, across Canada and around the world.
If you have any questions about membership that are not answered fully here, please contact the Coalition directly via email at email@example.com
Membership is open to health care organisations, corporations, non-profit and government organisations, individuals and students who support the guiding principles contained in Canada’s Joint Position Statement: Toward an Environmentally Responsible Canadian Health Sector, available at: http://www.greenhealthcare.ca/images/pdf/jps.pdf
The Canadian Coalition for Green Health Care is Canada’s premier integrated green health care resource network; a national voice and catalyst for environmental change. Get involved. Benefits are many.
- Network and take advantage of opportunities to further mobilize Canada’s sustainable health care movement
- Knowledge enrichment and skills enhancement through timely educational events, webinars, discussion papers, technical documents and best practice case studies
- Opportunities to share your applied research and best practices with others in Canada’s green health care community
- Find practical, customizable tools and templates to help you manage your sustainability initiatives, saving you time, money and effort
- Volunteer opportunities to help shape your Coalition and assist others in honing their sustainability and technical skills
- Expand your knowledge, and your horizons, with members-only online resources
- Subscription to the Canadian Green Health Care Digest (weekly electronic newsletter)
- Expert advice from Canada’s leading green health care champions
- Collaborate with like-minded groups and individuals, leverage what already exists and works
- Recognition by peers for your contribution to greening Canada’s health service delivery model
- Representation and participation in sustainable health advocacy efforts
- Involvement in a relevant and meaningful process to meet greening health care needs across the country
- Benefit from the collective contributions of many member and partner groups
- Makes it easier for each individual health care facility to accelerate adoption of sustainable practices by working collaboratively
- Provide a “go to” place for greening health care answers within a Canadian context
- Be an advisor/mentor to groups or individuals taking on the green challenge for the first time
- Opportunities to take part in development of regional, provincial, and national greening initiatives
- Use of “We Support Green Health Care” logo to show your support for work in greening health care sector
- Certificate of Membership to post in your facility
- Listing on the Coalition’s website with links to organisational website.
- Participation in Coalition-sponsored webinars at no additional cost for Primary Contact
- Opportunity to post relevant job openings to Coalition’s Green Digest readership
Business members gain new insights and profile-raising opportunities, and increase their exposure to and interaction with Canada’s greening health care sector. No other Canadian organisation offers such comprehensive access to sustainability champions in Canada’s health services sector.
What are the fees for membership?
The Coalition’s 2015-2016 membership fees are as follows:
Health Care Facilities: $100
Non-Profit Organisations: $100